Thursday, June 16, 2011

Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies

Listen, people. Things have been really busy around here.

I get up around 11, I think about what I want for breakfast for about 30 minutes...the Great Debate ya know? Do I wanna go the savory route and eat eggs (omelet?) and toast? Or do I wanna do sweet, and have pancakes or cereal & berries? These are the kind of monumental issues I'm facing this summer.
Anyways so after breakfast, I water the plants. I might go to the gym. Yesterday I did a boxing class. I thought it was gonna be like kickboxing...ya know some kicks here and there...a couple jabs...standard run of the mill aerobic stuff. I was really surprised when I walked in and the (kinda hot, also jacked) instructor handed me boxing gloves. And then taught me how to hit him. I highly suggest taking these types of classes if you were just broken up with. Or have a lot unsolved issues. Preeeetty good.

And since I torched all those cals, I figured I would reward myself with a hearty serving of these brown sugar blueberry cookies that I saw on this blog a couple days ago. If you like food even with a little inkling of your being, you need to check her blog out. The stuff she makes is absolutely deliiiicious and her pictures make you want to pick the food out of the screen.


That batter up there? Yeah it tastes like a blueberry muffin. After I took this pic, I ate that spoon (sorry Chrstner). Don't judge me - you know you want to eat it too. They puff up after they bake and they're just so fluffy! They get super big and thick. Just how I like my cookies. And some people would say my men too.


Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies 
from Jessica at How Sweet It Is
makes 12-15+ cookies

1 stick butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon milk (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (or you could use frozen too if you don't have fresh)
If you want to add chocolate chips, we can be best friends.

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon with the mixer on low speed. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Fold in blueberries gently with a spatula – it is okay if they break a bit. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls or scoop out with an ice cream scooper. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Devour.  

These also freeze really well! So, if you're unlike me and can't finish the whole batch, pop them in the freezer and then when you want them, BAM! Fresh blueberry cookies. In your belly. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I don't even remember seeing them on that blog.
    "They get super big and thick" - I totally added a "that's what she said" after that line. So your following sentence about you liking your men that way cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete